- Ports & Harbours
- Marine Energy
- Fisheries & Seafood
- Maritime Services
- Marine Leisure
- Maritime & Shipping Regulation
- Maritime Education & Training
- Shipyard & Boatyard
- Business Needs
- News & Blog
- About Us
- Useful Stuff
- Contact Us
Establishment of Ferry and Water Taxi Company, Abu Dhabi City, UAE
Abu Dhabi Water and Electricity Authority (ADWEA) wished to investigate the feasibility of establishing a company to provide ferry and water taxi services for Abu Dhabi City and its surrounding islands. It therefore commissioned Fisher Associates, in association with Atkins and BMT Nigel Gee, to prepare a feasibility study on establishing ferry and water taxi services. (2010)
The methodology included:
- Market Assessment to identify possible passenger uptake based on specific projects and developments located in the area.
- Technical Assessment to evaluate and sift a range of options, ensuring that the preferred operations have been properly tested against alternatives.
- Business Strategy setting out the key strategic choices and options.
- Financial and Economic Appraisal with a sensitivity analysis.
Recommendations on preferred options and key risks.
Business Needs, Business Plan, Communities, Developed Economies, Feasibility Study, Ferries, Financial Appraisal, Market Assessment, Middle East, Port Masterplan & Development Plan, PPP & Privatisation, Public Sector, Regions, Sectors, Shipping, Skills, Strategy, Waterways