- Ports & Harbours
- Marine Energy
- Fisheries & Seafood
- Maritime Services
- Marine Leisure
- Maritime & Shipping Regulation
- Maritime Education & Training
- Shipyard & Boatyard
- Business Needs
- News & Blog
- About Us
- Useful Stuff
- Contact Us
Update to Port Marine Safety Code: Incident Investigation, UK
The UK’s Port Marine Safety Code (PMSC) and its associated Guide to Good Practice provides clear guidelines for marine safety, and is adopted by all UK ports. It is increasingly seen a demonstration of international best practice overseas (e.g. we have applied it in Ireland). (2009)
As part of the process of updating the Code, DfT in consultation with key stakeholders including the British Ports Association, determined that it should be extended to include advice on incident investigation. Fisher Associates was therefore appointed to:
- Give detailed consideration the developing draft guidance from previous stakeholder inputs, including the order & content.
- As far as possible, to refer to and be consistent with material available on Government websites (e.g. Home advice on PACE), to minimise the chances of any discrepancy.
- Make suggestions for improvement and effectively reconcile everything into a useful and practical document.
Business Needs, Communities, Developed Economies, England, Management, Public Sector, Regions, Scotland, Service Review, Skills, UK, Wales