- Ports & Harbours
- Marine Energy
- Fisheries & Seafood
- Maritime Services
- Marine Leisure
- Maritime & Shipping Regulation
- Maritime Education & Training
- Shipyard & Boatyard
- Business Needs
- News & Blog
- About Us
- Useful Stuff
- Contact Us
Port Operations & Ownership Arrangements, Scotland
Caledonian Maritime Assets Ltd (CMAL) appointed Fisher Associates to carry out a review of the operation and ownership of Scottish ports hosting lifeline ferry services. This contributed to a comprehensive review of ferry services being undertaken in Scotland, in order to develop a long-term strategy and the policies to achieve this. The assignment was approached in four key steps:
- A baseline review to fully identify and clarify the existing arrangements for who does what and where with whom etc.
- Make a review of relevant policy and regulatory exigencies at all levels covering all aspects of the port’s operational environments.
- Prepare a framework for analysis and assess how ports perform against this.
- Draw conclusions.
Our underlying approach was to develop a database to form the basis of an ongoing management tool for CMAL. This added significant value by focusing on delivering a management tool developed according to best practice, including scoping the database, preparing functional specification, and providing user notes. (2009)
Business Needs, Communities, Developed Economies, Ferries, Management, Public Sector, Regions, Scotland, Sectors, Shipping, Skills, Strategic Plan, Strategy, UK