- Ports & Harbours
- Marine Energy
- Fisheries & Seafood
- Maritime Services
- Marine Leisure
- Maritime & Shipping Regulation
- Maritime Education & Training
- Shipyard & Boatyard
- Business Needs
- News & Blog
- About Us
- Useful Stuff
- Contact Us
Port Masterplan Market Assessment, Port of Shoreham, England
We were appointed by Shoreham Port Authority via subcontract to Hyder to prepare an Opportunity Study as a basis for the market analysis for Shoreham’s port masterplan. This work was based upon (2009):
- Statistical analysis of trade, and traffic moving through other ports in SE England.
- Discussion of potential markets with SPA and key port users.
- Desk research into new opportunities such as offshore wind farms.
The methodology concentrated on answering two key questions:
- How much potential port traffic is there in the port hinterland that is suitable for handling at Shoreham?
- How effectively can Shoreham compete for this traffic against other ports?
Bulk Shipping, Bulk Terminals, Business Needs, Catching, Communities, Developed Economies, England, Fisheries & Seafood, Marine Leisure, Market Assessment, Marketing Plan, Port Masterplan & Development Plan, Ports & Harbours, Private Sector, Regions, Sectors, Shipping, Skills, UK