- Ports & Harbours
- Marine Energy
- Fisheries & Seafood
- Maritime Services
- Marine Leisure
- Maritime & Shipping Regulation
- Maritime Education & Training
- Shipyard & Boatyard
- Business Needs
- News & Blog
- About Us
- Useful Stuff
- Contact Us
Opportunity Study, Port of Poole, England
The Port of Poole had faced a number of challenges of late, including the loss of a key RoRo customer, and the attendant need to restructure the business accordingly. A key target for the future was to maintain a diverse revenue base, and the port therefore requested Fisher Associates to review whether the port had fully addressed all the opportunities for bulk and breakbulk cargoes. (2011)
The methodology for the review was to:
- Undertake interviews with key customers.
- Using published information, undertake a statistical analysis of traffic moving through other relevant ports and relevant UK foreign trade.
- Identify a list of key opportunities.
- Make recommendations.
Business Needs, Communities, Cruise, Developed Economies, England, Ferries, Market Assessment, Marketing Plan, Private Sector, Regions, Sectors, Shipping, Skills, UK