- Ports & Harbours
- Marine Energy
- Fisheries & Seafood
- Maritime Services
- Marine Leisure
- Maritime & Shipping Regulation
- Maritime Education & Training
- Shipyard & Boatyard
- Business Needs
- News & Blog
- About Us
- Useful Stuff
- Contact Us
Milford Waterfront Feasibility Study, Wales
Fisher Associates was appointed as part of a consortium led by Gifford to prepare a development concept and economic feasibility study for this bold new scheme. Following the team’s triumph over the course of a competitive selection process, the consortium was appointed thanks to the combination of vision and do-ability presented by our concept.
The scheme was based on a proposal for the development of a new outer marine facility incorporating: marina berths, harbour working craft facility, property development, a cruise berth facility and iconic structures and points of interest. The proposed development aimed to create a sustainable destination and significantly raise the prestige of the area.
Fisher Associates was responsible for undertaking market research, financial appraisal and economic impact of the scheme as follows: (2008)
- The market appraisal was based on a supply and demand analysis for the main markets: cruise; marine leisure; and property (residential, commercial, retail, hotels, public).
- The financial appraisal considered the likely funding structure of the project, and determination of rates of return.
- The economic assessment looked at the various benefits that would arise from each of the main market sectors, and tested the validity of a public / private partnership for funding the scheme.
Business Needs, Communities, Cruise, Cruise Terminals, Developed Economies, Economic Analysis, Financial Appraisal, Marinas, Marine Leisure, Market Assessment, Port Masterplan & Development Plan, Ports & Harbours, Private Sector, Regions, Sectors, Shipping, Skills, UK, Wales