- Ports & Harbours
- Marine Energy
- Fisheries & Seafood
- Maritime Services
- Marine Leisure
- Maritime & Shipping Regulation
- Maritime Education & Training
- Shipyard & Boatyard
- Business Needs
- News & Blog
- About Us
- Useful Stuff
- Contact Us
Container Demand Analysis, Republic of Ireland
In the context of a public enquiry for the proposed Port of Cork Oyster Bay Container Terminal, Fisher Associates was commissioned to review future LoLo demand in the Republic of Ireland, and implications for the proposed Port of Cork Oyster Bay LoLo terminal. The scope of work comprised: (2008)
- Reviewing our previous national traffic projections completed for the Irish Department for Transport in the light of most recent trends.
- Updating our knowledge of progress in the various terminal projects in Ireland.
- Drawing broad conclusions on implications for the proposed container terminal in Cork, and coming to an objective view on the issue of whether it was reasonable to predict the need for a capacity of 400,000 TEU terminal at Cork in 10 to 15 years.
Based on data in the public domain at the time, the methodology employed in this work was consistent with that used in a study on national unitised traffic projections, and capacity scenarios, completed for the DfT in 2005 / 06.