- Ports & Harbours
- Marine Energy
- Fisheries & Seafood
- Maritime Services
- Marine Leisure
- Maritime & Shipping Regulation
- Maritime Education & Training
- Shipyard & Boatyard
- Business Needs
- News & Blog
- About Us
- Useful Stuff
- Contact Us
MacDuff Harbour Masterplan, Scotland
Recognising the need for a strategic framework to guide the future development of Macduff Harbour, Aberdeenshire Council commissioned Fisher Associates to prepare a Masterplan to provide clarity regarding the Harbour’s strategic planning. (2014) This started with the principle of improving and building upon existing harbour assets and capabilities, to meet the changing needs of existing and future customers.
The Masterplan supports economic growth, benefitting the local economy in terms of safeguarding and creating jobs, but also playing a role in the regeneration of the immediate locale. It sets out the physical strategy for the harbour in the interests the community it serves, over the period 2016 to 2026. Proposals include:
- Maintaining and Improving Harbour Infrastructure.
- Princess Royal Basin and Quayside: Consolidating and supporting shipyard activities.
- Middle Basin and Fish Market: Developing a flexible and fit-for-purpose multi-use area.
- Bankhead Industrial Area: Improving visual amenity and strengthening the marine supply chain.
- Tourism and Leisure: Building on the success of the Aquarium.
- Shore Street: Identification of potential uses to support regeneration and economic development.
- Supporting Measures: Harbour management and operations.
Business Needs, Catching, Communities, Developed Economies, Fisheries & Seafood, Port Masterplan & Development Plan, Public Sector, Regions, Scotland, Sectors, Shipyard & Boatyard, Skills, Strategy, UK