- Ports & Harbours
- Marine Energy
- Fisheries & Seafood
- Maritime Services
- Marine Leisure
- Maritime & Shipping Regulation
- Maritime Education & Training
- Shipyard & Boatyard
- Business Needs
- News & Blog
- About Us
- Useful Stuff
- Contact Us
Interim Marine Manager, Scotland
Fisher Associates was retained to provide an Interim Manager to:
- Progress compliance with the Port Marine Safety Code (PMSC)
- Provide ad hoc advice and support on other marine and harbour matters, as required.
The key objectives for our assistance included:
- Facilitating retention of ABP Marine and Environmental Research (ABPmer) to undertake preparation of Navigation Risk Assessments (NRAs) for the Council’s main harbours, i.e. Campbeltown, Rothesay, Dunoon, Port Askaig, Oban North Pier and Craignure
- Completion of the draft NRAs for the main harbours;
- Completion of a draft Safety Management System (SMS) that would cover all 39 of A&BC’s harbour facilities.
We also undertook activities to achieve an improved level of compliance with the PMSC:
- Consult the harbour users in Campbeltown, Rothesay, Dunoon, Port Askaig, Oban North Pier and Craignure on the draft NRAs prepared by ABPmer.
- Provide feedback to ABPmer on the outcomes of these consultations to enable the NRA reports to be finalised.
- Progress the draft Safety Management System.
Further ad hoc advice was also provided on general harbour operations and administration.
Business Needs, Communities, Developed Economies, Management, Public Sector, Regions, Scotland, Service Review, Skills, UK