- Ports & Harbours
- Marine Energy
- Fisheries & Seafood
- Maritime Services
- Marine Leisure
- Maritime & Shipping Regulation
- Maritime Education & Training
- Shipyard & Boatyard
- Business Needs
- News & Blog
- About Us
- Useful Stuff
- Contact Us
Channel Deepening Study, Bahrain
Fisher Associates was appointed by subcontract to Haskoning UK to assist with a study into deepening the approach channel to Bahrain. Our role was to assess the strategic and economic benefits of dredging this to between 15m and 18m. Key tasks were: (2007/8)
- Conduct a strategic review of the proposed deepening considering Bahrain’s place within world shipping markets, and in the context of other major ports in the Gulf.
- Identify the benefits to key stakeholders from dredging the Channel to the desired depths both now and in the light of anticipated growth.
- Assess the benefits in qualitative terms, and to the extent practical in quantitative terms via a discounted cash flow analysis of returns related to dredging the channel to 15m/15.5m/16m/16.5m/17m/17.5m/18m.
- Make an appropriate recommendation based on the returns and risks.
Bulk Shipping, Bulk Terminals, Business Needs, Business Plan, Communities, Container Shipping, Container Terminals, Developed Economies, Economic Analysis, Economic Impact Analysis, Financial Appraisal, Island Nations, Market Assessment, Middle East, Ports & Harbours, Public Sector, Regions, Sectors, Shipping, Shipyard & Boatyard, Skills