- Ports & Harbours
- Marine Energy
- Fisheries & Seafood
- Maritime Services
- Marine Leisure
- Maritime & Shipping Regulation
- Maritime Education & Training
- Shipyard & Boatyard
- Business Needs
- News & Blog
- About Us
- Useful Stuff
- Contact Us
Port Cargo Demand Projections, North East Port, UK
On behalf of a private port company, and in connection with the preparation of a Port Masterplan, Fisher Associates was commissioned under subcontract to Entec to prepare a 15 year market scenario and 30 year outlook covering the following activities: (2008)
- Unitised traffic (containers, RoRo, trade cars).
- General cargo.
- Related logistics activity.
The terms of reference was based on the following activities:
- Literature review and desk research.
- Demand side analysis:
- Identify key demand drivers (linke with economic growth).
- Assess impact of exogenous factors (e.g. road pricing, shipping line strategies, technology impact).
- Prepare high level national / regional demand scenarios linked to 3 economic growth scenarios.
- Supply side analysis:
- Near continent developments and transhipment trends.
- UK port developments.
- Prepare relevant port traffic scenarios: Base / Low / High Case.
Bulk Shipping, Bulk Terminals, Business Needs, Communities, Container Shipping, Container Terminals, Developed Economies, England, Market Assessment, Marketing Plan, Port Masterplan & Development Plan, Ports & Harbours, Private Sector, Regions, Sectors, Shipping, Skills, UK